Welcome Page

Welcome Page
Welcome Readers and Bloggers!!! :-)

Thursday, February 22, 2018

The Use of Social Media


















Twitter

I am on Twitter a lot. I tweet about news, sports, fiction and non-fiction. The stories that I share come from other social media websites like blogger, Yahoo, Western Journalism.com, LifeNews.com, etc. I enjoy blogging and a lot of what I blog depends on what I am in the mood for writing or blogging about. I don't get into Twitter wars with trolls that sound like they Twitter users but use vulgar and racist comments so I just block them. I'm not into reporting trolls, I leave the reporting up to the other Twitter users. Some trolls tend to steal a photo from other active Twitter users and pose like they are the original Twitter user by creating a "bootleg" account. I've noticed and usually the active Twitter users immediately report the "bootleg" Twitter account to Twitter and he or she is suspended. I have 2 Twitter accounts that I use for that very reason to not have my account "bootlegged." Twitter uses 280 characters (up from 140 characters it used to be) when it comes to posting. Twitter is a simple easy way to interact with other Twitter users. People tend to have a lot in common. You can Tweet, retweet, like, and pin Tweets to your profile page.





















Pinterest

I am on Pinterest quite often. The big reason all depends on what pins I want to share on my board or boards. Pinterest is a recipe social media website but people also network with other people on Pinterest who have the same interest or interests. People can follow other people's board or boards. Some of your friends will invite you to follow their board or boards. Pinterest have done away with liking someone's pins. People can share someone else's pin or pins to their board or boards. Creative people tend to come up with really creative boards that draw followers to their Pinterest social media website. Anything that interests you, you can just pin it from social media websites that can be shared on Pinterest.


























Tumblr

I signed up to Tumblr 1 and 1/2 years ago. I've shared YouTube Videos and Yahoo News on Tumblr. I love blogging and Tumblr is a social media blogging website that you can share all kinds of photos and gifs if you are into posting pictures on social media. My tweets automatically post on Tumblr via IFTTT.com.














YouTube

I've had YouTube for 10 and 1/2 years now (The longest out of any social media website). You can upload your home videos, work videos, events videos, etc., to your MP3 or MP4 player from YouTube or from your MP3 or MP4 player videos to YouTube. YouTube is easy and free like a lot of the other social media accounts. You can comment on other uploaded videos, like the uploaded videos, add the videos to favorites, and you can even create categories for your YouTube channel. You can subscribe to however many YouTube channels that you want. It all depends on what your interest or interests are depends on whose channel or channels who you want to subscribe to. Things goes viral on YouTube and a lot of that depends on how many viewers view the videos. The more viewers tend to have more YouTube subscribers and a lot of that have to do with how creative he or she is with their channel.











Vimeo

Vimeo is similar to YouTube in that you can sign up for free. You can upload Vimeo videos to your MP3 or MP4 player or you can upload your MP3 or MP4 player videos to Vimeo. You can comment on uploaded videos, and like videos. The difference between Vimeo and YouTube is that Vimeo you follow people on this social media website. Only the basic Vimeo is free,  Vimeo Pro cost monthly. I have the basic Vimeo so there is a limit to what videos I can like or how much I can add categories to put Vimeo videos that I like in my collection. Vimeo Pro is unlimited access to how many Vimeo videos that you can watch and unlimited amount of categories to put Vimeo videos in your collection. The Vimeo Pro is what people who can afford to pay the monthly fee usually have. Basic Vimeo users that use Vimeo for free like myself is encouraged to upgrade if they want unlimited access like Vimeo Pro users. I've had this social media website for 1 and 1/2 years now.










Linkedin

A friend of mine who I met in Chattanooga, TN invited me to join Linkedin 7 years ago. The late Ms. Temple passed away 4 1/2 years ago. Thanks to Ms. Temple I will never forget how the Lord sent her across my path in person and on social media. Linkedin is a resume social media website. This social media website is an excellent source for jobs if you are looking for a job or if you already have a job and looking for a job that pays you more money. The different jobs that you have done people are likely to recommend that job or jobs and the skills that you have listed for yourself, people are likely to recommend that skill or skills. People can network with each other on Linkedin. People may invite you to join their group or business and you can follow the different group or groups that interest you. Some groups requires their approval to join their group while other groups you can automatically join. People that invite you to their business will help your business grow like their business is already growing. Linkedin can be a good "People who know people" kind of website to help other people be successful. 















Google+

I share my blogs that I blog from blogger on Google+. Google merged with YouTube 7 years ago. Sometimes I share news from LifeNews.com on Google+.










Blogger

LifeNews.com & WesternJournalism.com RSS feed is on my blogger. I have everything from AddThis follow button for Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Vimeo, YouTube, Blogger, and Linkedin on my blogger. I have the weather report from AccuWeather.com for my town and a pinpoint forecast of the weather from a meteorologist on video of all the 50 states of the weather conditions in those states. I have images and lists of my favorite events and favorite traveling spots and destinations. I have Twitter RSS feed on my blogger. I have a Vimeo video of preaching and a YouTube video of singing. I have a music playlist of songs from Back To Church Volume 2 on my blogger. All readers and bloggers are welcomed to leave comments on my blog posts and they can view everything on my blog. I've had this website for 7 years but I have blogged using this version of blogger for almost a year now. Y'all can say that my blog is "hooked up!"


No comments:

Post a Comment