Welcome Page

Welcome Page
Welcome Readers and Bloggers!!! :-)

Friday, September 1, 2017

Favorite Classics




















I am amazed at the different classics that came out long before I was thought of. For all of those who were born or who were little during the area of the 30's, 40's, 50's 60's, and 70's will find the 7 things that I am going to mention familiar to you. Black and white was how it was up until the early 60's and then things were in color. Probably the most original, clean, and fun in the era's that I mentioned will be what my Senior citizen readers and bloggers will never forget about the era that they were born or grew up in. The favorite classics that I am going to mention, some of you may find that they are your favorite as well. I hope that all of my readers enjoy!















The Wizard of Oz

Probably one of the most favorite classical movies that I grew up watching the original reruns is The Wizard of Oz. The 1939 version of the Wizard of Oz in color is a wonderful musical movie that I always enjoyed watching. Dorothy in her red shoes and her dog Toto meeting the different people like the tin man (who needed a heart), the cowardly lion (who needed courage), and the scarecrow (who needed a brain), as they all head on the yellow brick road to meet the wizard who is suppose to give them these things. The fictional movie had Dorothy's shiny red shoes; the good witch told Dorothy all she had to do was click her shoes together and say the words, "There is no place like." Those words were famous for Dorothy wanting to return back to Kansas while dreaming of not being in Kansas anymore.



















Probably the funniest classics of I Love Lucy that a lot of people remember is Lucy and Ethel working at the chocolate factory. This episode was hilarious! This is another one of my favorite classics reruns that I grew up watching. This episode was in 1952 and the women wanted to see what it would be like working outside of the home. Lucy and Ethel learned how different things were and how fast pace the job that they were doing is.




















This 1940's rotary phone is something that came out long before I was even thought of. I never got to use one of these phones. The Amish people have the original black rotary phone. I never even seen one of these phones except on TV. I'm picturing myself using one of these phones to call my friends and family and think that I would be thought of as "truly old skool," LOL! For those who were born in this era or grew up in the 40's will remember the rotary phones. Beside the Amish people I wonder who have a rotary phone and if so do anyone still use a rotary phone anymore?






















































Probably my favorite era that I was not born in or grew up in would have to be the 60's. I often wonder what it would have been like to be a "Hippie." I think nursing is vital for people who are furthering their education because there are shortage of nurses. There are a lot of people who are going to college because they want to be an RN (Registered Nurse) or LPN (License Practical Nurse) when they graduate. I just think that the 60's have a lot of classical musical movies and shows that are a "pick me up" when you are bored. I thought that I would have the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's (early and mid 70's too) favorite classics to show my appreciation to the eras that came before me!😎











No comments:

Post a Comment