Welcome Page

Welcome Page
Welcome Readers and Bloggers!!! :-)

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Which pastry do you like better pop tarts or toaster strudel?




For many years, there have been commercials for both Kellogg's pop tarts & Pillsbury toaster strudel. You can put both pastries in the toaster. There are some major differences between pop tarts and toaster strudel. One of the differences between pop tarts and toaster strudel is that pop tarts is stored in a cabinet in your pantry and toaster strudel is stored in your freezer in your kitchen. Secondly, you put toaster strudel in a toaster and put icing on the pastry when it's done. Pop tarts can be heated up in a microwave, in a toaster, and pop tarts you can eat unheated. Lastly, pop tarts is in the cereal, hot cereal, oatmeal, etc., aisle in the grocery store. Toaster strudel is located in the frozen breakfast section with frozen pancakes, frozen sausage links, frozen hash browns, frozen waffles, frozen English muffins with sausage, egg, and cheese, etc, in the grocery store. 

Personally, I prefer pop tarts over toaster strudel. I can think of the times that I didn't have time to stay and eat breakfast while I was getting ready for school. This goes back to my mid teen's till early 20's, but I could always take pop tarts with me on the go. I like both frosted and non-frosted pop tarts. What I find interesting about pop tarts is that these pastries is delicious for breakfast, part of your lunch, or even for dessert after eating a big dinner. Pop tarts is really good with a glass of milk or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Toaster strudel is limited because of the way you have to put the icing on the pastry. I sucked at making toaster strudel because I never could make the toaster strudel like they advertised in TV commercials. I found toaster strudel to be a lot of work and a mess. Toaster strudel is supposed to be extremely hot and the icing is supposed to melt on the pastry when you are spreading it. When I would make the toaster strudel, there were areas where the pastry was hot and other areas where the pastry was cold. The icing was rough by it being in the freezer with toaster strudel. I could never make the icing come out the way that they make it look easy on TV. I'm starting to think that I should have heated the icing in the microwave so by the time the icing was ready it wouldn't be so cold when trying to ice the toaster strudel. Toaster strudel just don't have that taste that pop tarts have in my opinion. Even heated I feel that pop tarts taste better than toaster strudel. Toaster strudel is too sweet for me. Give me pop tarts any day over toaster strudel. Just My 2 Cents. 

\

No comments:

Post a Comment