Welcome Page

Welcome Page
Welcome Readers and Bloggers!!! :-)

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Some of my favorite commercials




















To all of my readers and fellow bloggers I felt led to write a blog about some of my favorite childhood commercials. In all honesty, the commercials that they show on TV now I have no comment about. Advertising through commercials is all about promoting some of the following: Food, clothes, products, toys, movies, TV shows, cartoons, etc. Most of the advertisement through these commercials were good "attention grabbers" that persuaded us to get those which are promoted in the commercials. Listed below I will have some of my favorite childhood commercials. I will have the 80's era commercials because I grew up in the 80's and 90's. Readers and fellow bloggers you're encouraged to think about your favorite commercials in your era. We may not all come from the same era but we all know good commercials. The commercials are a lot different in today's era.


I was a little boy when they used to advertise "where is the beef" commercial for Wendy's. The senior ladies is who made this commercial funny, lol. The timing and the way the senior lady would ask where is the beef about 3 or 4 times. Commercial is combined with 2 Wendy's commercials.


Too bad this store is closed. I used to enjoy the advertisements when I was a kid. Parents were busy shopping big time for Thanksgiving and Christmas, lol for their kids at Toys R US. 


"Mikey likes it he really likes it!" Life commercial was popular in the 70's and I used watch this commercial a lot on TV when I was little in the 80's. I've had the cereal Life and I really like it! My favorite Life cereal is Cinnamon.


My baby-sitter used to watch this a lot when she used to watch me when I was little. She was into jewelry. When they used to advertise jewelry on the Home Shopping Club, I thought that addiction that people who bought things using their credit cards back in the 1980's was a normal addiction. The advertisers would grab the attention of those who wanted to buy things and offer them something for free.


I was a big Sally Struthers fan and I'm still am because I remember this commercial used to play a lot when I was little. It seemed like people wasn't trying to rip people off as much back in the 80's. This commercial made me realize "how good I really have it" when I would think that there is not enough food in the house. My favorite thing to say was, "I'm hungry" but when this commercial would play with kids who are in Ethiopia, who didn't have food or clothes I changed my attitude when I was kid. They just don't make commercials like these mentioned in my blog anymore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment