Welcome Page

Welcome Page
Welcome Readers and Bloggers!!! :-)

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Favorite Era






















If I had to choose what era that I really love the most, it would definitely be the 80's! A lot of great movies came out in that era. I remember going to see some on the special occasion  Birthday parties when I was little (too many to count). The TV shows that came on in the 80's were awesome! There were some shows that I watched on TV that were not for children but I admitted to watching when I was a child. The vast difference in Rated PG movies and Rated R movies you could easily tell the difference. The After School Specials I used to enjoy watching on TV a lot when the Soaps was not going to be on TV. The commercials used to be 60-90 seconds long and the advertising was what drew people to wanting to buy things that were being advertised on TV. VCR's hooked up to the TV's started to become popular in the 80's as well as people listening to their Walkman's. You would see a lot of kids either playing their Game-boy or trying to master the Rubik cube. A lot of celebrities were in commercials and in the 80's that excited a lot of kids who wanted to be famous when they grow up. 

For the most part, a lot of kids had really cool lunch boxes in elementary school. If you were like my mom you made sure that you fixed lunches that would last 2 days when there were 8 hour field trips (I could never forget those field trips). I often think back of how the 80's were just pretty much a chill era but for most part people worked hard for what they wanted. A lot of times people were blessed for their hard work ethic and were rewarded parties, amusement park visits, and even treated out at a restaurant or restaurants. Kids enjoyed watching their favorite cartoon on TV (Mine is Inspector Gadget when I was kid). I remember how laid back people were in the 80's & how friends used to invite other friends over to their house or events (Good Times). Kids would support their favorite tennis shoes like the following: Nike, Puma, Adidas, Reebok, Converse, L.A. Gear (L.A. Gear Lights), McGregor, Etonic, etc., and show off their brand new kicks (slang for sneakers) to a lot of their friends. If you were growing up in the 80's then you know that a lot of cool things were out. Time sure goes by fast!😲  

No comments:

Post a Comment